Tuesday, April 28, 2026

Music in the Parks

Being a band kid finally paid off for Sissy this Spring. Her band performed in a festival and then partied at Dollywood for the day. Parents were invited to be chaperones for the low, low price of $125. Hmmm...spending the day at a theme park with a load of middle schoolers AND having to be responsible for keeping them alive and well?

No thank you. But I appreciate those parents who are generous enough to watch after my middle schooler all day long. And I do mean all day. They met at the school before 8am and didn't return until nearly 11pm. 

Oh, and it rained on and off for the entirety.

Good thing I'm too lazy and cheap to be a chaperone.

But Sissy had a great time. Their performance earned a superior rating and they took 1st place in their group. Hooray!

Sissy also successfully conquered her fear of rollercoasters, drained my phone battery, and spent every penny of the money I gave her.

It was a triumphant Saturday indeed. 




Congratulations to Sissy!

No comments:

Post a Comment