How do you organize a happy but chaotic weekend for 9 siblings and their families at Mom and Dad's house?
Months and months of texting and indecisiveness. That's how.
Initially, only 7 of the siblings committed to attend, but then, my brother pulled a fast one and showed up as a surprise.
Huzzah!
Sadly, that left only one of my sissies who didn't make it. I wish she could have been there. But next year for sure!
Here's everything you need to know about our 1st annual reunion with 8 siblings and their families at my parent's house:
It was loud and chaotic
My parent's house is too small for all of us
The weekend flew by
It was loud and chaotic
I loved it
Allow me to share some highlights from the loud and chaotic weekend. Prepare yourself for all the photos...
Westward ho! We woke up early to head to the airport. It was well before dawn. It was dark outside and I should have been asleep and drooling on my pillow. I don't actually drool. (Very often)
It wasn't all bad being at the airport in the middle of the night. Baby had free reign of the escalators.
Guess how many times I rode up and down and up and down the escalators with baby while we waited to board our plane. Before dawn. When I could've been home drooling...I mean...sleeping (We rode lots and lots and lots of times)
But after many hours, we made it! My stomach jolted in excitement when we emerged from the airport and saw the magnificent mountains. It felt good to be under the western sky.
So what is the first thing you should do when you land on Utah soil?
Eat at Maddox Ranch House, of course!


Soon enough, my Sissy arrived with her two new grandbabies in tow. Now the party can really get started.






No comments:
Post a Comment