Monday, June 10, 2024

One!

Can you believe this?!

Seriously though. Can you?

I don't think I can.  Yet, here we are.

My youngest baby turned 1 and we celebrated in style with a pool party.  She happens to share her birthday with one of our favorite local cousins. He was turning 12 and he was happy to have a combined party.

Baby wasn't as gracious.

In addition, she didn't even really want to go in the pool.  Mykey was the picture of patience and stood in the water for an indecent length of time trying to acclimate the poor babe.  He eventually succeeded.

But only after he realized that his mobile phone was in his pocket.  His pocket that was submerged in water.  His pocket that was submerged in water for an indecent length of time.

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.  

Well, Baby wasn't the only one receiving gifts on her birthday...Daddy gets a new phone!

No matter, we had a most delightful event.  We played in the water - (well...I didn't but...you know...everyone else did), we ate pizza, we opened gifts, and we enjoyed cake.  

Baby took a while to warm up to the idea of smashing hers, but she eventually found her groove.  She ate her own slobbery mess while the rest of us enjoyed a chocolate creation made by my very talented cousin-in-law.  It was delicious.




Baby was gifted sunglasses, a little piano, an Inny Bin, and an offensive stuffed cougar from my cousin.  It's a shame she loves him.

Her favorite gift was a singing card from my parents.  It blasts "Celebration" by Kool and The Gang.  She won't stop playing it.  I have to admit that despite its annoyingness, I think it's adorable. 





I can't believe my baby is one.  We waited for so long for her to arrive and the first year breezed right by.  She is a true delight and the perfect completion to our family.

Happy 1st Birthday to my baby girl! 

No comments:

Post a Comment