Monday, June 9, 2014

Week 12

Insert naughty word here: _____!

I’m still suffering from serious weight-gain issues.  My body seems to think it’s time to retain water for the apocalypse.  I can store quarters in the valleys on my ankles when I remove my socks.  It’s enough to make me crazy.  (Just ask Michael.  Poor guy has had to deal with my ranting for two weeks now.)

I want to quit.  I feel like my goal has become unreachable and drifts farther away every time I get on the scale.  I’m frustrated.  I’m tired.  I’m puffy.

But I can’t quit.  Then I’ll just be a quitter.  No one likes a quitter.  I will have also wasted a lot of time.  And record-keeping. 

My patient husband gave me a pep talk last night and I’m mustering up the motivation to persevere.  I’m making a new progress chart to hang by the scale today.  Maybe I’ll put flowers and smiley faces on it.  Maybe I’ll put swear words and skulls.  I’m still deciding. 

  • Week 12: +3.4
  • Week 11: Bye, due to heavy denial.
  • Week 10: –0.8 lbs
  • Week 9: –1.0 lbs
  • Week 8: –1.2 lbs
  • Week 7: –0.4 lbs
  • Week 6: –0.6 lbs
  • Week 5: –1.2 lbs
  • Week 4: –3.6 lbs
  • Week 3: +0.8 lbs
  • Week 2: –1.8 lbs
  • Week 1: –2.2 lbs

Total weight loss: 8.6 lbs

I have a strong urge to throw my keyboard through the window right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment