Sunday, May 12, 2019

Second Spring Break

I don't want to brag or anything but...I had TWO Spring Breaks this year.  After my first Spring Break ended, another one of my sisters drove a great distance to come see me.

Yes, I'm that much fun to be around.

My second adventure was with my teenage niece and nephews who have been coming to my house for Spring Break for years.  Except last year when they went to see their Grandparents in Colorado.

Whatever.

But I sincerely love it when people come to visit me.  I love laughing and eating too much.  I love the extra noise and farting.  I especially love the love I feel for them.  I was extremely happy to have two separate weeks to enjoy all the extras.

So!  My second Spring Break started in Astoria.  We bummed around looking at historical sights and took in a really cool Maritime museum.  It was an impressive museum - especially the infrared camera that we used to see how warm our crotches were.  We're classy like that.  We also went for a hike and saw an old lighthouse.  It was a fun day of exploring and eating jelly beans.





Once back at home, we did the usual routine of eating tons of popcorn and laughing.  We did go for a nature walk but it was a beautiful Saturday during Spring Break and about half the population of the world was blocking the trail with strollers and obliviousness.  But we still mostly had a good time.



Thankfully, we had plenty of time to eat.  Like homemade waffle cones and crepes, of course.




We also managed to get into a verbal altercation with a most unpleasant front desk attendant at the YMCA.  She insisted my nephew needed a background check to lift weights with me and I insisted she was an idiot.  Naturally, I was right and had no choice but to cancel my membership to the YMCA. I don't tolerate idiotic behavior - except the funny kind.

Unfortunately, the days passed by at a cruel pace and then Spring Break was over.

Sigh.  Next year that big teenage nephew of mine will be off at college.  He's our chief fart-and-joke-cracker so Spring Break won't be as funny or smelly without him.  It's too sad to even think about.

Hurry!  Someone come visit me right now and take my mind off of it.

Please?  I'll make you green Shepherd's Pie!

1 comment:

  1. Again with the waffle cones. I must come to Salem, if only to be overwhelmed with such a treat at a person's beck and call.

    ReplyDelete