Sunday, February 11, 2024

Storytime

I used to take Kitty to storytime at the library every week. Kitty is such an intelligent girl that I decided to continue the tradition with Baby so she can be smart also. 

Baby wasn't as excited about it as I thought she would be. She was mostly just curious about all the other babies and sat quietly staring and gathering data.  I was hoping she would laugh and be animated during the songs, but she really just wanted to observe. 

Here's the thing about this particular storytime: I had to sit cross-legged on the floor.  For 30 minutes! I looked around and realized I was the only mom seemingly having an issue with this contortionist pose. I also realized that I was at least 10 years older than all the other moms.  This is my life now.

Now that I think about it, maybe Baby wasn't interacting with me because she didn't want the other kids to know that she came with the senior citizen.  I'm sure that's it.

It wasn't all bad. I did have a nice conversation with the woman sitting next to me.  I had to limp back to my car when it was over though. My poor old legs.

Sheesh. All this so my kid can learn to read good.  I sure hope it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment