Friday, May 10, 2024

In the Middle

I'm in denial.  "Denial about what?" you might ask.

Thank you for asking.

I have many things to be in denial about: my crows feet, the girth of my patoot, the calorie count of ice cream, I could do this all day.

But the thing I am in denial the mostest about is my oldest baby growing up.

This happened:



"What is this?" you might ask.

Thank you for asking.

It's an open house to tour the middle school Sissy will attend in the fall.

Did ya hear me?

MIDDLE SCHOOL

I walked in and immediatley started weeping.  In fact, I felt like I couldn't breathe.  It might have been the enormous crowd of people hogging all of the oxygen from the building, or that I have a big patoot to lug around, but mostly I think it was because my oldest baby thinks it's ok to be old enough to attend middle school.

In case you're confused - it ain't ok.

Sissy is pretty darn excited about moving up to the next level and wants to join every club there is.  I just want her to be in Kindergarten again.  Or 2nd grade.  I'd take 2nd grade.

"Will you be alright, Booney?" you might ask.

Thank you for asking.

But, no, I doubt I'll be alright....because I CAN'T BREATHE!

No comments:

Post a Comment