Tuesday, April 30, 2024

17,532 days of Michael

My husband turned 48.  Sigh.

48.  Type 2 diabetes.  Gray hair.  Falling asleep while watching TV.

It's every girl's dream.  Hands off, ladies! He's mine.

But seriously, even though I'm married to a dinosaur, I love the ol' fossil. 

Here's the deal: with the onset of the birthday boy's diabeetus, we've been avoiding all delicious foods and eating a lot of vegetables.  It's alright, but sometimes a person just wants some carbs.  Since Mykey's been doing so well and his A1C numbers fell to the pre-diabetic range, his doctor told him he could eat cake on his birthday.  Michael heard, "It's your birthday.  Spend the entire weekend eating anything you want."

So we did.

His birthday weekend was literally eating all the things he's avoided for the past 5 months.  It was a great way to celebrate turning 17,532 days old. 

We ate burgers.

And burritos.

And Chick Fil A.

And ice cream. Baby had her first taste and was a big fan.  That's my girl!

But don't worry, his birthday celebration wasn't entirely food-related.

We went to Sissy's soccer game.


And Mykey worked on his R2D2.

And I gave him gifts.

An essential oil diffuser with his favorite scent, Thieves.

And the movie Undercover Blues.

We had a great weekend. I loved celebrating Michael.

Happy birthday to my Nyasasaurus!

No comments:

Post a Comment