Monday, March 18, 2024

Spring Break

When we lived in Oregon, we would usually have visitors for Spring Break.  When we moved to the other side of the moon, I knew our attendance numbers would decrease.

And then there was a Spring Break Miracle.

My niece called and asked if she and her husband could come to our house for Spring Break.  I was giddy.  I was shocked.  I may have peed in my pants a little.  (or a lot)  Even better, their break aligned perfectly with Kitty's.  

A miracle indeed!  

The week flew by like an inconsiderate jerk and I found myself teary-eyed when they departed. I loved the added conversation and the extra bodies milling about the house.  I loved the late nights and laughter. I loved every bit. It was heaven for me.

And we had so much fun. So much! 

We went for a casual Sunday stroll.

And built a paper airplane launcher.


We had delicious ramen.

And went to Dolly Parton's Stampede.  Kitty was chosen to do a rope trick during the show!



We played in the hotel arcade and earned ten million tickets.



And visited Dollywood, of course.  I even had the chance to ride a big'ol roller coaster! (My neck was not pleased afterwards but it was worth it)


We hit up the aquarium.



And had a zorbing experience.  Well, I didn't have a zorbing experience.  Much like the Wicked Witch of the West, I melt in water.  


We walked through a magical light show in the trees.


And stopped by the Relic Room to poke around.


We successfully escaped a fierce headhunting tribe in the Amazon rainforest.

And ate donuts and pretzels at the best place in the universe.


The week was perfect in everyway.  

Man, I love miracles!

No comments:

Post a Comment