Thursday, March 21, 2024

St. Patty's

On St. Patrick's Day eve I was feeling like I wanted to sit around and cry.  My niece had just gone home that morning, and Kitty was off to her musical practice.  Perfect time to sit around and cry.

But then we were invited to a St. Patrick's day festival and I thought maybe that might be better than sobbing all day.  Maybe.

Alright. We ended up having a dandy time.  Kitty was able to run around like a maniac with her friend, and I enjoyed strolling through the sunshine.

Kitty and Mykey even tried their hand at some Highland games.  Mykey commented afterwards that he was certain he had injured his shoulder tossing the giant boulder.  He was trying to impress the woman teaching him and overexerted himself.  The guy forgets he's nearly 50. And why doesn't he ever try to impress me?!







No matter.  It was a fun afternoon.  The next day we celebrated with steak and green mashed potatoes.  Only I forgot to put the food coloring in the potatoes so...

And I didn't put enough green color in the vanilla pudding so it was sickly looking.  Hey, get off my back!  My husband is nearly 50.



No matter.  It was a delicious meal and a relaxing day all around.  

Happy St. Patrick's day!   

No comments:

Post a Comment